comm207fall06

a weblog for Pete Ellertsen's students in Communications 207 (editing for publication) at Benedictine University/Springfield. Link here to my faculty page.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

 

Well Written Story

The story found here, I found to be very informative. Overall, this story sheds light on even more controversy surrounding 9/11.

Constructively, I noticed that many times they did not use a period when using Mr. Or Dr. "But Dr Rice said yesterday she could not recall the warning from Mr Tenet." I'm assuming that this is Australian punctuation rules, but it struck me as odd when reading it. Here is another excerpt:


" 'I don't know that this meeting took place, but ... what I'm quite certain of, is that it was not a meeting in which I was told there was an impending attack and I refused to respond.'

"Speaking to reporters en route to Saudi Arabia and other stops in the Middle East, Dr Rice said she met Mr Tenet daily at that point, and has no memory of the wake-up call from him described in the book."

Whether this actually happened or not, this is just another blemish on the already tarnished Bush administration.

And Doc, to answer your question from a couple of weeks ago, to put something in a different font, go into "Compose" instead of "Edit Html."


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   November 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?